Hop, skip and jump! Suffolk athletics in 1986
- Credit: Archant
We take a look back at Suffolk schools athletics in June ‘86.
These up and coming young sportsmen and women of the day competed in heats against each other to become the next best thing during athletics practice.
Five girls are shown sprinting down the track in Ipswich to beat their personal bests and their fellow runners.
Some preferred short and energetic 100m sprints, whereas others sweated it out in a long distance race.
One young person is pictured making a vigorous attempt at the long jump.
You may also want to watch:
? Were you an athletics enthusiast in 1986? Email your memories to email@example.com
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's