New Suffolk Babies centre for mums could be opened near Ipswich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Homestyle UK showroom could be converted into a Suffolk Babies centre for antenatal and postnatal therapeutic classes, according to new planning documents.
Suffolk Babies, a not-for-profit community interest company, has submitted a prior notification application to convert a unit in Gloster Road, Martlesham.
The organisation said it would offer a range of NHS services at the unit, including fitness and baby classes, if full planning permission is given.
The building, in the industrial area of Martlesham Heath, is currently occupied by Homestyle UK Windows.
According to the planning documents, which were submitted to East Suffolk Council, Homestyle UK Windows are planning to relocate to one of its other existing units.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Babies was formed in 2016 by Jo Cresdee and Katie Mackenzie and has provided more than 4,500 free antenatal classes for expectant mothers in the county.
The organisation already hosts classes throughout Suffolk, including in Kesgrave, Stowmarket and Felixstowe.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat