Barbers raise nearly £600 for men’s health charity
- Credit: Archant
A Newmarket barbers which offered free haircuts in return for charity donations on its opening day raised nearly £600.
Gould Barbers, which is located inside the Tesco Extra in Fordham Road, opened its doors on Friday, November 16, with money raised from the free cuts going to men’s health charity Movember.
The growing chain has been raising funds for the charity from six store openings across the country, with the current total standing at £2,200 ahead of three more openings in Walsall, Leicester and Slough.
Brothers Leigh and Darran Gould, who own the chain, chose Movember as Leigh was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2015.
Leigh said: “Thank you to everyone who donated. We also have a Movember fundraising page if anyone else would like to contribute to our fundraising efforts.
You may also want to watch:
“So far, we’ve raised over £2,200 from six shop openings. It means we’re on target to reach our goal of raising over £3,000 from shop openings this year.”
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints