When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- Credit: Paul Geater
With the Queen's Jubilee fast approaching Suffolk residents are being warned to not miss when their bins will collected.
The four-day bank holiday weekend may cause some disturbance to when your bins are collected.
Babergh District and Mid Suffolk Council:
Collections that would usually have taken place on Thursday, June 2, will take place on Saturday, June 4 instead.
The collections that would usually have taken place on Friday, June 3, will now happen on Monday, June 6.
All collections during the week beginning Monday, June 6, will take place a day later than usual.
West Suffolk Council:
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
Collection days in west Suffolk will be later than usual while celebrations take place.
The dates of the changes can be found below:
- Thursday, June 2- Saturday, June 4
- Friday, June 3 - Monday, June 6
- Monday, June 6 - Tuesday, June 7
- Tuesday, June 7 - Wednesday, June 8
- Wednesday, June 8 - Thursday 9 June
- Thursday, June 9 - Friday, June 10
- Friday, June 10 - Saturday, June 11
Normal collection will resume on Monday, June 13.
East Suffolk Council:
A spokeswoman for East Suffolk council confirmed that there would be no changes to bin collections over the Jubilee weekend and people should present their bins for collection as usual.