Suffolk boxer suffers racial abuse from fellow Norwich City supporter
- Credit: PA
Suffolk boxer Anthony Ogogo has told of his disgust at being racially abused by a few Norwich City fan at Tuesday’s League Cup match between The Canaries and Arsenal.
The Lowestoft-based Olympic medallist went to The Emirates to watch his team put up a battling display against the Premier League giants, and Tweeted his pleasure at their performance.
But he also said he had been racially abused when cheering by a Norwich fan who mistook him for an Arsenal supporter.
He said he was utterly disgusted by the behaviour and said it showed how backwards some people are.
However he acknowledged this was just an isolated incident among the Norwich supporters – saying the 9,000 fans who made the trip to the Emirates gave their team “terrific support.”
You may also want to watch:
And after the “Great effort” he hasn’t been put off following the club – he’s looking forward to their match with Derby County on Saturday.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 7 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate