Suffolk: Burlesque group help raise cash for charity
- Credit: Contributed
A BURLESQUE dance helped raise more than £2,500 for a west Suffolk Hospice at a charity party.
Guy Hutchins, of Moreton Hall, Bury St Edmunds, held the fundraising event for St Nicholas Hospice Care after they cared for his father during the final weeks of his life.
Mr Hutchins, who is running the London Marathon for the hospice, said he still feels he owes the facility a “debt of gratitude”.
He added: “The warmth, love and care they showed my Dad as they nursed him really touched me; and 7 years on I still feel I owe them a debt of gratitude. In our small community most people have had a relative, or know someone, that has passed through the Hospice and so everyone has the highest regard for the amazing work that they do, and the love, respect and compassion that both the patients and relatives receive.”
Mr Hutchins said the party at The Suffolk Hotel, Fornham St Genevieve, was a “roaring success” with tickets for the raffle selling out in just 48 hours and thirteen friends from LA Fitness performing as a burlesque group.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The highlight of the evening was the Burlesque Dance Show; choreographed by Alex Beale, it was absolutely phenomenal. None of the girls are trained dancers, but that didn’t stop the crowd going wild.”
Mr Hutchins, who said the proceeds came to £2,561.59, thanked everyone who donated prizes.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
To see video footage from the evening and to donate www.justgiving.com/guyz2013