Suffolk: Busy evening for fire crews across the county
- Credit: Archant
FIVE chimney fires, a rubbish blaze and a burning portable toilet were among the incidents dealt with by Suffolk crews during a busy evening yesterday
At just before 4.30pm yesterday a crew from Thetford was sent to a property in nearby Elveden and spent 45 minutes putting out the blaze and ensuring the chimney would not re-ignite.
At 5pm a crew from Ixworth went to a home in Hepworth Road, Barningham. Firefighters spent an hour dealing with the incident.
At 6.44pm a crew from Bury went to a property in Westley Lane, Horringer, after receiving a report of a fire in a wood burner chimney flue. The incident was under control within 40 minutes and the crew was back at base after just over an hour.
At about 8.40pm a crew from Lowestoft South was sent to a home in Lakeside Rise, Blundeston but the fire was out on arrival.
The final chimney incident saw a crew from Bury St Edmunds sent to a house in York Close. The chimney was well alight when the firefighters arrived and they used small gear to put out the flames before returning to their base by 9.40pm.
Crews also tackled a fire in a portable toilet in Stowmarket and a rubbish blaze, thought to have been started deliberately, on a patch of open land to the rear of properties in West Meadows, Ipswich.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back