Suffolk: Campaign to recruit adopters to help 27 children find loving homes
A NEW campaign is aiming to encourage more people to find out more about adopting a child as it emerged there are 27 children in the county in need of a new home.
Suffolk’s Adoption Agency are today supporting this year’s National Adoption Week, running a series of information events across the county.
Councillor Graham Newman, Suffolk County Council’s cabinet member for education and young people, told The Star the team are particularly interested in people who might be interested in adopting sibling groups or children with additional needs.
“I am very pleased that Suffolk is supporting this year’s National Adoption Week, as part of our continuing effort to raise the profile of adoption in the county,” he said.
“If we are to be able to find loving family homes for children who, for whatever reason, are unable to live with their birth parents, we need to continually attract new prospective adopters. We’re particularly interested in meeting those able to adopt sibling groups or children with additional needs.”
You may also want to watch:
An information session is taking place in Ipswich at DanceEast next Thursday from noon to 2pm and 5pm to 7pm.
n To find out more call the team on 0800 3899417 or visit www.suffolkadoption.com
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting