Royal Wedding cake competition a rousing success
- Credit: Archant
Residents of four Suffolk care homes took part in a competition to create their own Royal Wedding cake.
The Kingsley Healthcare Homes taking part were Woodbridge Lodge in Woodbridge. Allonsfield House in Campsea Ashe, Hadleigh Nursing Home and the Spring Lodge Care Home in the village of Woolverstone.
Following a judging and tasting by residents the winner was judged to be Spring Lodge.
Spring Lodge head chef Andy Gray, Kingsley Healthcare chef of the year, said: “The residents came up with the design of our cake.
“We have incorporated old wedding photos of residents, their families and staff.
“It’s a celebration of our own royal family here.”
Kingsley Healthcare operations manager Georgina Dennison said: “We wanted to come up with our own celebration ahead of Saturday when all our homes will be having their own parties. “
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten