Royal Wedding cake competition a rousing success
- Credit: Archant
Residents of four Suffolk care homes took part in a competition to create their own Royal Wedding cake.
The Kingsley Healthcare Homes taking part were Woodbridge Lodge in Woodbridge. Allonsfield House in Campsea Ashe, Hadleigh Nursing Home and the Spring Lodge Care Home in the village of Woolverstone.
Following a judging and tasting by residents the winner was judged to be Spring Lodge.
Spring Lodge head chef Andy Gray, Kingsley Healthcare chef of the year, said: “The residents came up with the design of our cake.
“We have incorporated old wedding photos of residents, their families and staff.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a celebration of our own royal family here.”
Kingsley Healthcare operations manager Georgina Dennison said: “We wanted to come up with our own celebration ahead of Saturday when all our homes will be having their own parties. “
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
- 10 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?