Celebrity chef visits Suffolk hotel for special event
- Credit: Stoke by Nayland Resort
Celebrity chef Raymond Blanc visited Stoke by Nayland Resort to welcome the apple and pear season - and enjoyed a meal prepared in his honour.
The resort and sister company Boxford (Suffolk) Farms hosted an event organised by industry body British Apples and Pears.
As president of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, Raymond Blanc shared the release of the Royal Agricultural University’s sustainability report.
Award-winning executive chef Alan Paton and colleague Matthew Dryden created a special apple-and-pear-themed menu at Stoke by Nayland Golf, Spa & Lodges Resort.
Mr Paton said: "It was an absolute privilege to have the opportunity to create and cook a menu for Raymond Blanc.
You may also want to watch:
"He is a chef that I have admired for many years and, when talking to him, his passion for food and British produce shines through."
Dishes, which were praised by the famous guest, included Gala apple braised pork belly open sandwich with maple glazed pancetta crackling and Braeburn apple and Baron Bigod bread and butter pudding.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Guests also put on their wellies for a tour of the Boxford (Suffolk) Farms orchards.