Suffolk choir hits all the right notes for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk choir has raised more than £2,500 for an air ambulance charity after a concert in Bury St Edmunds.
Upbeat Contemporary Choir performed at The Apex on June 2 and raised £2,511 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
The choir, which is based in Lavenham and Bildeston, has raised more than £15,000 for various charities since its inception in 2002.
Andrea King, choir director and founder, said: “The singing was outstanding and I’m so proud of how everyone pulled together to make this concert the success it was.”
Mark Wilson, EAAA community fundraiser for Suffolk, said: “We are delighted with the incredible amount raised by the choir for our charity.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the year 2000, EAAA has been on almost 23,000 missions with our two helicopters, one based at Norwich and the other at Cambridge.
“We are looking to go to a 24/7 service across East Anglia in two years time and so all continued support is much appreciated.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
The choir will be performing in Bildeston on Sunday, July 8, raising money for Friends of Bildeston Surgery.