Man struck on the head in attack after attempted robbers demand money
- Credit: Archant
Two attackers demanding money fled after one of them hit their victim on the head in an attempted robbery.
The pair approached the man aged in his late 40s while he was walking along an alleyway between St Bartholomew Road and Colneys Close, in the direction of Sudbury town centre, at around 10.45pm on Saturday, December 22.
The offenders demanded money and when the victim refused to comply, one of the men struck the victim on the head.
Following a brief altercation, the two men fled the scene.
The offenders are described as white with tanned complexions, between 5ft 8in and 5ft 10in tall and aged in their late 20s to early 30s.
You may also want to watch:
They had dark hair and spoke with foreign accents.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or heard or seen anything suspicious in the area at the time of the offence.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
Anyone with any information should contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101, quoting crime reference number 37/73966/18.