Man arrested on suspicion of hare coursing
- Credit: Archant
A 33-year-old man was arrested by Suffolk police on suspicion of hare coursing and driving while under the influence of drugs.
Police were called at 2.45pm on Sunday December 9 to reports of illegal hare coursing activity near Burgate.
Officers later arrested a 33-year-old man from Surrey. A Toyota Hilux was also seized by police.
He was taken into custody on suspicion of hare coursing, driving with excess drugs, possession of an offensive weapon and driving a vehicle with no valid motor insurance.
The man has been released under investigation pending further inquiries.
Sergeant Brian Calver, of the Rural Policing Team, urged the public to contact police if they spotted any illegal coursing.
He said: “I would urge the public to be vigilant and report any suspected incidents of hare coursing in progress by calling 999.
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 7 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 8 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
“Members of the public should not place themselves in danger.”
Witnesses or anybody with any information are asked to call Police on 101 quoting reference 71199/18.
Alternatively you can call the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.