Helicopter finds man who fell onto chasing policeman
- Credit: Archant
A hapless driver stopped for drug driving had to be found by helicopter after falling on a policeman chasing after him.
Essex Police stopped a car close to the Shell garage in Old Ipswich Road, Colchester at around 2.15am on Friday, December 14.
The officers asked the driver to take a roadside drugs test.
Upon refusing, the driver made a bid for freedom, running for a fence pursued by police.
He then fell back onto the chasing officer before fleeing, leaving the police to call for a helicopter to help them find and arrest their suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Over an hour after he was stopped at the garage, the man was eventually located by other officers and the helicopter at 3.20am.
He was arrested on suspicion of drug driving and assaulting a police officer. He remains in custody for questioning.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post