Drivers fined for parking on yellow lines after police crackdown
- Credit: Archant
Motorists were given fines for parking on double and single yellow lines after a police crackdown.
Suffolk police officers carried out checks in George Street, High Street and Angel Street in Hadleigh on Saturday, September 15 after a series of complaints about illegal parking.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Parking is an issue that is regularly raised with police and we will look to carry out parking enforcement wherever and whenever possible.
“On Saturday, September 15 officers responded directly to parking complaints received from members of the public and carried out enforcement in George Street, High Street and Angel Street.
“A total of four parking fines were issued to vehicles parked on either double yellow lines or single yellow lines within restricted times across these locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We would urge motorists to park legally and responsibly, and to think about the effect their behaviour may have on others.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move