Six more people die after contracting coronavirus in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk and north Essex hospitals have reported that six more people have died after contracting coronavirus.
All six cases were reported at East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT).
Four people, all in their 90s with underlying health conditions, died at Colchester Hospital in the last 24 hours.
Two patients who also had underlying health conditions, one in their 50s and another in their 90s, died at Ipswich Hospital.
The six latest deaths bring the total number of coronavirus deaths at Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals to 57.
You may also want to watch:
ESNEFT chief executive Nick Hulme said: “Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patients’ families and loved ones at this difficult time.”
There were no new cases reported at West Suffolk Hospital.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
Public Health England (PHE) data released on April 8 shows there are now 302 cases of coronavirus recorded in Suffolk, with 39 cases reported in the last 24 hours.
Essex now has 1,081 cases, 143 cases more than yesterday. These figures do not include cases in Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock, which are reported by unitary authorities in those areas separately.
Essex County Council is the authority with the third-highest number of recorded cases in England – only authorities in Hampshire and Birmingham have more cases.
It comes after nine deaths were reported on Tuesday.