Suffolk districts remain below average England Covid-19 rate
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Every district in Suffolk and north Essex remains under the average coronavirus rate in England, new figures show.
The latest government data shows that the Covid-19 rate in every Suffolk district is declining with Mid Suffolk and West Suffolk placing in the lowest 11 districts in England.
For the second day in a row, Ipswich saw the biggest fall in cases, with 129.3 positive tests per 100,000 people in the seven days up to November 30, from 157 during the previous week.
The current Covid-19 rate in England is 150.9 cases per 100,000 people.
In Essex, Braintree and Maldon saw a fall in cases while Colchester, Tendring and Uttlesford all saw slight rises.
You may also want to watch:
The highest rate in north Essex is in Braintree where 103.5 positive tests were seen in 100,000 people.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 7 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 8 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold