Assistant coroner warned over ‘comments, looks and gestures’ made to staff member
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk coroner has been reprimanded over “comments, looks and gestures” he made towards a member of staff.
Dr Daniel Sharpstone, who oversees inquests in Suffolk, was the subject of a complaint to the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office (JCIO).
A JCIO spokesman says Dr Sharpstone has been given a "formal warning" following an investigation in which Dr Sharpstone showed "considerable remorse for his actions".
In a JCIO statement published online, a spokesman said Lord Chancellor Robert Buckland and Lord Burnett, the Lord Chief Justice, had concluded that Dr Sharpstone's behaviour was unacceptable.
The statement said: "The Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice have issued Assistant Coroner Dr Daniel Sharpstone with a formal warning for comments, looks and gestures towards a member of staff, all of which took place on a single day.
You may also want to watch:
"In reaching their decision, the Lord Chancellor and Lord Chief Justice concluded that Dr Sharpstone's behaviour was unacceptable even as an isolated case, but took into consideration that he expressed considerable remorse for his actions, had a previously unblemished record of conduct and has given assurances as to his future conduct."
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe