Suffolk County Council: Special disciplinary committee set to gather next week
SUFFOLK: A special committee that discusses disciplinary matters and complaints against staff is due to meet at Endeavour House next week.
The discipline and appeals committee does not have a regular schedule of meetings, unlike most other county bodies, it only meets when there is a specific matter to discuss.
A meeting of the committee has been called for next Friday – although the details of what will be on the agenda are likely to remain confidential.
A spokesman for the county council could not comment on whether the committee would be discussing issues arising from the inquiry into an “anonymous whistle-blowing complaint” against chief executive Andrea Hill apparently made by a member of the legal services team.
Mrs Hill has been on extended leave while the inquiry was carried out by London-based international law firm Wragge and Co, which deals with many local authorities across the whole country.
You may also want to watch:
The firm was due to complete its interviews with staff at the county council last week and was due to present a report to the county as soon as possible.
The committee is unusual in that it does not meet in public because of the confidential nature of the matters that it has to discuss.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef
However while its deliberations will be in private, it is understood a decision about the outcome of the meeting will be published after it has concluded.