Suffolk: County expecting unsettled weather over the weekend after sudden rainfall last night
- Credit: Archant
Parts of the county were subjected to a blast of heavy rainfall last night, marking the start of a period of unsettled weather.
Figures recorded by forecasters Weatherquest showed there was just under 20mm of rain in some parts of Suffolk last night.
But the company’s Jim Bacon said after conversations with people across the region it turns out other locations experienced in excess of 30mm.
“Everywhere got some rain but the largest totals are very patchy,” Mr Bacon said. “Wattisham got 11.2mm and Charsfield got 18.4mm.
“There were places that got over 30mmm in parts of Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“Although in some places the official reporting stations don’t get that it’s not to say it didn’t happen elsewhere.”
Mr Bacon also said the unsettled weather is going to stick around.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
“We are going to stay in the unsettled weather for the next few days,” he added.
Similar conditions to those experienced last night could return over the coming weekend, though Mr Bacon said it would not happen all over the county.