Trial date set for man accused of supplying drugs
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
The trial of a man who was arrested for drug offences in connection to a multi-agency investigation set up to tackle county lines operations will take place In January.
Before Ipswich Crown Court via a prison video link on Thursday (November 12) was 21-year-old Ronnie Downes of Winterbourne Avenue, Dagenham.
He has denied two offences of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs between December 2019 and July this year,
His case was adjourned until and next year when his trial is expected to take place during a two week warned list commencing January 18.
Downes was arrested by officers from the Serious Crime Disruption Team together with the Metropolitan police in London in August.
You may also want to watch:
His arrest follows others made in connection with Operation Orochi – an operation set up by Suffolk Constabulary with the Met Police to tackle county lines drug-dealing between London and Suffolk.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down