Suffolk: County set to enjoy a spell of warm weather over the next week
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Suffolk can look forward to more warm weather over the weekend and into next week.
Although there is an outside chance of rain in some areas of the county, and it could be slightly cooler on the coast, the majority of Suffolk will experience temperatures in the low to mid 20s.
The middle of next week sees a higher chance of rain but the temperatures will still stay reasonably high and recover towards the Bank Holiday weekend.
Weatherquest forecaster Chris Bell said: “It looks like it’ll stay pretty warm over the next week.
“We’re looking at highs above 20C (68F) and up to 23/24C.
“It’s going to be warm everywhere. It may be a little cooler on the coast but even there it’s going to feel quite pleasant.
“The warmer temperatures will probably come next Tuesday and Wednesday. I do think we’ll see 24C, maybe even 25C by then.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 7 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
“There is an outside chance of rain in central and eastern parts of Suffolk but I don’t think they’ll be very widespread.”
Mr Bell added the temperatures for this time of year are usually in the mid-teens, so the weather predicted for the next few days was at least three or four degrees higher.
PANEL: How does England compare to the other places in Europe this weekend?
Corfu – 21C
Madrid – 24C
Majorca – 23C
Milan – 20C
Venice – 18C
Athens – 24C
Istanbul – 22C
All Sunday max temperatures.