Suffolk: Cretingham Bell landlady Sarah Ingle, champion bodybuilder, to offer personal training
A FORMER body-building world champion is offering her fitness expertise to the people of Suffolk.
Sarah Ingle, crowned Miss Bikini International in 1988, swapped pumping iron for pulling pints and now runs The Cretingham Bell pub, near Framlingham, with husband Charles.
Until taking over at the 16th-Century thatched inn two years ago, Mrs Ingle ran fitness classes and occasional personal training sessions but the day-to-day running of a busy country hostelry soon took precedence.
Now Mrs Ingle, 48, is re-launching her personal training service. “I trained for 24 years and I miss it,” she said. “It was always my intention to continue but the pub took over.
“Now I want to offer personal training for people of any age or fitness level, whether they want to lose weight, build muscle or improve flexibility.”
You may also want to watch:
Originally from Peterborough, Mrs Ingle won her biggest trophy in Austria in 1988 and returned to defend the title the following year.
“Miss Bikini was more about athleticism than muscle,” she said. “There is still muscle-building involved but it’s more about figure – and about 14 to 18 coats of self-tan!
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
“As soon as the competitions were over I would stuff my face then jump in the bath and watch the water turn brown as the tan soaked off.”
Mrs Ingle competed until 1991 when a cycling accident meant she was no longer able to challenge for major prizes.
But her fitness achievements do not stop at being a world renowned body-builder. She also held an unofficial world record for uninterrupted time spent on a versaclimber – staying on the formidable piece of gym equipment for three hours non-stop.
For more information about Mrs Ingle’s personal training sessions, call 01728 685419.