Suffolk: Crews called to fires across county
- Credit: Archant
Crews have been kept busy with call-outs to garage, chimney and electricity pole fires.
The first incident was the electricity pole fire in Saxmundham Road, Leiston which happened just before 5.25pm.
Firefighters from the town stayed in attendance waiting for UK Power Network engineers to isolate the power.
The engineers arrived just before 7pm.
At around 7.20pm a crew from Lowestoft South went out to a chimney fire in Lakeside Rise, Blundeston.
You may also want to watch:
The crew used a ladder to get to the roof of the building before using a hose-reel jet to extinguish the fire.
The final call was to a garage fire at around 8.55pm in St Peter’s Approach, Brandon.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Crews from Brandon and Mildenhall used breathing apparatus to get close enough to the fire to extinguish it with a hose-reel jet.
The fire was out by 9.15pm.