Dad turns front door into England flag ahead of semi-final clash
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A decorator and girls football coach from Saxmundham has transformed his front door into a huge England flag ahead of tonight's game against Denmark — as he is confident his country will secure a spot in the finals.
Rob Dann, a father-of-two and full-time decorator, paints his front door as the country's trademark red and white flag each time his home country make it into a big tournament.
He has been doing the tradition since 2016, turning his door red and white for Euro games and World Cup clashes.
He said this time it is even more exciting — as the team are doing so well.
"I'm a huge football fan and I love the Euros," said Mr Dann.
You may also want to watch:
"I am feeling very confident for tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. I think we will win 2-1."
The 45-year-old's daughter Bronwyn plays football for Saxmundham U13s, where Mr Dann is coach.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
He said they are big supporters of girls football and are both really excited for the England game.
"We've already had some great comments from people who said the door looks really good," said Mr Dann.
"We will be watching the game in our garden tonight with lots of friends and family. We've got a huge TV up in the garden so it should be great."
How are you marking the Euro semi-finals tonight? Have you got any unusual ways to celebrate the occasion? Share what you are doing with us here.