What events are happening to celebrate Suffolk day in the east of the county?
- Credit: Archant
Details about food festivals, special events, venue openings and more.
Pubs, restaurants and retailers across east Suffolk will be offering flavours of the county’s finest produce to mark the occasion.
From speciality menus, festivals and tasting sessions, to picnics and luncheons, Suffolk’s culinary delights are well represented.
Suffolk brewer Adnams is joining in the celebrations by holding an “aged and historic beer tasting” at its base in Southwold.
“Head brewer Fergus will be opening some rare products, alongside beers ageing in the brewery for future release,” an Adnams spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“He will also explain how old recipes have influenced some current classics. With a welcome drink and a mini brewery tour thrown in, it should be a fun and informative evening.”
The sessions, which run 6.30-9pm, cost £25 and must be booked in advance by calling 01502 727225.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
Chelmondiston based butchers Holingsworth are also getting in on the Suffolk Day celebrations by making speciality sausages using local ingredients.
The Suffolk Day sausages will be served up during a sausage and mash lunch at the Red Lion in Chelmondiston, from noon-2pm.
They will be on the menu again for a Suffolk Day barbecue and picnic, which is being held at the Shotley Pier picnic area from 6pm onwards. “Bring your own picnic and Hollingsworth Suffolk Day sausages will also be available on the barbecue,” said an event spokesman.
The Queen at Brandeston, near Framlingham, is also showcasing Suffolk’s food and drink – with an all-day festival serving local beer, cider and produce, while Suffolk band Harbour Lights will provide the musical entertainment.
Other pubs hosting special events include the Crown in Woodbridge, where visitors can enjoy a special Suffolk Day menu.
East of England Co-op Supermarkets across the county will also be helping customers celebrate Suffolk Day.
“What better way to celebrate Suffolk Day than by feasting upon some of Suffolk’s foody delights,” said a Co-op spokesman. “As well as promotional offers online and in the media on the day, we’ll also be holding in-store tastings.
“Come along to one of our Suffolk stores on June 21 and sample some sumptuous Suffolk goodies.”