Suffolk: DJ Joey London pleads guilty to child sex offences
DJ pleads guilty to child sex offences
A SUFFOLK DJ has admitted four charges of sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl.
Joey London pleaded guilty to the offences of sexual activity with a child when he appeared before Ipswich Crown Court for his plea and case management hearing.
The 36-year-old, of London Road, Shadingfield, near Beccles, denied a fifth charge relating to sexually grooming the same teenager on at least two occasions.
One of the sexual activity offences took place between February 19-25 this year, while another occurred between February 24-27. The other two offences took place in March.
You may also want to watch:
Reports by the probation service will now be compiled on London before his sentencing.
Stephen Spence, for London, told Judge David Goodin: “Mr London is fully aware custody is a likely outcome.”
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
Addressing London, Judge Goodin said: “The offences to which you pleaded guilty are serious ones inevitably, and you must very clearly understand custody will be in the mind of your sentencing judge.” However, the judge added no definite decisions had been made.
Sentencing was adjourned until week commencing October 29 for the pre-sentence report to be compiled.
Following his guilty pleas London was told he is now subject to the requirements of the Sexual Offences Act.
The sexual grooming charge will lie on file.