Suffolk: Drink caused tragic teacher’s death
A TEACHER at a Suffolk school whose body was found at a nature reserve died from drinking too much, an inquest heard yesterday.
Vincent Ward’s body was discovered at the Carlton Marshes Suffolk Wildlife Trust reserve on the afternoon of Friday, January 21.
The 47-year-old maths teacher at Lothingland Middle School, Lound, had been reported as missing by his wife.
He was last seen by Delphine Ward, a French teacher, at their home in Rushdown Drive, Carlton Colville, as he left for work the morning of January 20.
His disappearance sparked a major search involving police, the South Broads RNLI, coastguard search teams and Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue Team.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday an inquest at Lowestoft Magistrates’ Court heard a post-mortem examination revealed Mr Ward died from alcohol toxicity.
However Mr Ward’s wife was told the actual circumstances of how Mr Ward died will never be known.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
Coroner Yvonne Blake said: “Mr Ward was a gentleman with a history of depression and problem of working issues.
“The cause of death was given as alcohol toxicity. He went missing on January 20 and was found on January 21.
“We will never know what happened to Mr Ward on the day he went missing.
“I simply offer my condolences to Mrs Ward and her family.”
The coroner recorded a narrative verdict that Mr Ward was found on open marsh land and died from alcohol toxicity.