Suffolk: Driver charged over 74-year-old pedestrian’s death
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk woman has been charged with causing death by careless driving after a 74-year-old died following a collision in Lowestoft.
Samantha Pitcher, of Maidstone Road, Lowestoft, is due to appear before the town’s magistrates on September 10.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the 28-year-old has also been charged with using a motor vehicle in a condition likely to cause danger of injury.
Both allegations come as a result of the fatal collision outside the Foxburrow Inn in Yarmouth road just before 9pm on February 18.
The incident happened as five people were crossing the road.
You may also want to watch:
David Wright, of Gainsborough Drive, Lowestoft, died as a result of a collision with a blue Renault, while a woman in her 70s was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Great Yarmouth in a critical condition.
The pair were with another male and two children, none of whom were injured.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder