WATCH: The most shocking dashcam footage of 2019 so far
- Credit: Archant
From a police officer being mowed down by a fleeing criminal, to footage of a drunk-driver causing a head on crash – here are some of this year’s most shocking dashcam videos.
Footage was released by Suffolk Constabulary showing a car which drove speeds of up to 90mph on the seven-mile police chase this summer.
The driver, Tommy McDonagh, 21, was given a 14 month prison sentence, suspended for two years, given a 20 week curfew, 120 hours of unpaid work and a 10 day rehabilitation requirement.
Shocking video captures a drunk Suffolk motorist whose dangerous driving resulted in a head-on collision with another car in Ufford.
Sentencing 24-year-old Benjamin Berry, who had twice the legal limit for drugs and alcohol, the Judge said it was "pure chance" that no-one was seriously injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Terrifying footage shows the moment a female police officer was mowed down in London Road, Ipswich in March 2019.
Despite at one point being trapped under the front wheel, PC Amy Macaulay was able to get back into the passenger seat of a police vehicle and give chase - with the criminal receiving two years' imprisonment for a string of offences.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
A driver shared this scary footage of the moment that a vehicle nearly collided with a lorry which was travelling around a sharp bend.
The video shows a lorry appearing to cross the white lines in the middle of the road, with the driver then swerving and stopping, narrowly missing the lorry.
This near miss is more of an unusual video - where a vehicle aims to overtake in a Suffolk town at the very last second.
The footage was filmed in Saxmundham High Street and was shared on Facebook on Tuesday, September 3 - with many people discussing the vehicle's unusual way of overtaking on approach to the traffic lights.
Do you have any shocking dashcam footage worth sharing? Get in touch here.