Suffolk: Ed Sheeran a best seller - but worst dressed
SUFFOLK superstar Ed Sheeran’s new year got off to a mixed start after being granted two contrasting accolades.
The young singer-songwriter, who already owns a stack of awards recognising his musical talent, was named one of the top-selling artist of 2012 - but also the less favourable title of worst-dressed man.
The former Suffolk schoolboy, who attended Thomas Mills High in Framlingham, released one of the three all-British top-selling albums of the year, with his smash debut, +.
But the 21-year-old’s sense of style came under fire in GQ magazine’s annual fashion list, with Ed topping the chart of “worst-dressed” male celebs.
Sheeran took it all in good humour though, tweeting “named no.1 worst dressed male in GQ, glad they noticed”, and later contesting “i did wear a Burberry suit once”, probably in reference to the outfit he wore to receive his Best Male Artist and British Breakthrough Act awards at last year’s Brits.
You may also want to watch:
His album finished just behind fellow British artists Emeli Sande and Adele in the top 10 best-selling albums of 2012, compiled by the Official Charts Company.
But it’s less likely he will want to be reminded of topping the list of worst-dressed men, seeing off competition from the likes of cross-dressing kickboxer Alex Reid, ex-footballer Robbie Savage and political commentator Andrew Marr.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens was been named Britain’s best-dressed man in the list, which some fans of Sheeran took vocal exception with, and one Twitter follower declaring “Ed Sheeran minus the hoodies isn’t Ed Sheeran”.