Ed Sheeran wins Global Success Award at this year’s BRITs
- Credit: Greg Williams
Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran has added yet another award to his trophy room at tonight’s BRIT awards.
The Framlingham singer, who now holds four BRIT awards, was unable to attend the show in London as he is currently in South America – as part of his world tour which concludes with three dates in Ipswich.
This is the second time that he has won the coveted award, having won the same award last year.
The win sees him join Adele and One Direction as the only artists to win the award twice.
In his acceptance video, the former Thomas Mills High School pupil said the award “really means a lot” and that he feels “honoured to be a part of the British music industry”.
George Ezra kicked off the star-studded awards by claiming the prize for British male solo artist.
You may also want to watch:
Jorja Smith was best female solo artist, while the British group award has gone to Manchester pop rock four-piece The 1975.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street