Suffolk edge rain-affected day
Suffolk edged a rain-affected first day of their Minor Counties Championship match against Hertfordshire at a wet Long Marston.
Skipper Justin Bishop won the toss and opted to field first, and the hosts struggled to 85 for four in the 32.3 overs that were possible.
There was one wicket each for Matthew Hunn, Michael Comber and Chris Swallow, while Sasha Ward instigated the run out of top scorer Nesan Jeyaratnam, who had looked set for a big score, when dismissed for 28.
Suffolk’s first two Championship matches had also been truncated by the weather, leading to a couple of draws, but they will hope for better luck and a full second day.
Herts first innings
D Blacktopp c Warn b Hunn 8
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
E Ballard c Warn b Comber 20
N Jeyaratnam run out 28
A Spencer c Cull b Swallow 22
N Lamb not out 1
A Lewis not out 0
Extras 6 (2b, 2lb, 2w)
Total 85 for 4 (32.3 overs)
Bowling: Hunn 7-2-22-1, Bishop 7-5-7-0, Comber 5-1-9-1, France 9-1-34-0, Swallow 4.3-2-9-1
FOW: 1-19 2-50 3-83 4-85