Suffolk/Essex: Greater Anglia trains punctual 94% of the time in last four weeks
- Credit: Archant
The company running trains in the region has recorded punctuality rates above 91% for the ninth period running.
Greater Anglia measures punctuality on a four weekly basis and the latest figures show 94% of trains ran on time in the four weeks ending October 12.
This is just under 2% better than the national average but down on the 95% figure for the same period last year.
This makes them the sixth most punctual train operator in this period and in the last 12 months out of the 19 operating in England, Wales and Scotland.
Ruud Haket, Managing Director, Greater Anglia said: “The close partnership we have established with our colleagues at Network Rail, is continuing to deliver consistent and improving levels of train service performance for our customers in Greater Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
“This focus on service improvement has been one of our key priorities since we began operation of the franchise in February last year.
“We recognise however, there is still more work to do in achieving greater levels of consistency and will continue to concentrate our efforts on further improvement for our services across the region.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?