Dozens in running for best Lockdown Garden
- Credit: Archant
You have shared your beautiful garden photos for the last week – have you appeared in today’s gallery?
After just one week we have received scores of entries and seen brilliant uses for sprawling lawns and compact patios.
John and Lindi Carrington shared a photo from their Woodbridge garden and talked about the joys of their centuries-old garden.
Mr Carrington said: “During lockdown, as with so many others, our garden has been a haven of peace and sanity.
“It’s been a garden for over 200 years and there are many established trees and shrubs. We have a mulberry tree, a Judas tree and a strawberry tree, all very old.
You may also want to watch:
“Even so, there is always room for improvement and that’s one of the things the past couple of months have given us time to plan and prepare for.
“Areas have been cleared and fed ready for the reopening of plant nurseries so that we can add more plants to the mix.”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
As well as making themselves a sanctuary, the Carringtons also open their garden up to the public during the summer months, although this has not been possible during the pandemic.
“We usually open a few times in the year to raise funds for charities,” Mr Carrington added.
“This is not possible this year so we are making sure we’ll give a good show next year.”
What are the prizes?
• £200 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
• £100 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
• £50 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden under 150 square metres)
Simply send your photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, postcode, daytime telephone number and the size of your garden.
If you wish to tell us more about your garden please include details on your email.
Closing date for submission of pictures is June 15, 2020.
Enjoy Gardening More Head Gardener, Peter McDermott, will judge all published pictures and the winners will be announced in the week commencing July 6, 2020.
Normal Archant competition rules apply.
Archant Community Media Ltd will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize.