Suffolk/Essex: Man accused of string of sex offences relating to six boys in the 1990s
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A Suffolk man has appeared in court charged with 12 indecent assaults on six children in Essex over a eight-year period in the 1990s.
Brian Gibbs, of Wingfield Road, Lakenheath, is also facing a string of allegations relating to nearly 800 pornographic photographs/pseudo photographs of children. In total the 46-year-old is facing 19 charges.
All the alleged sex offences are said to have taken place in Saffron Walden and involve boys who were under the age of 16 at the time. The earliest accusation dates from January 1, 1990.
Other indecent assaults are alleged to have occurred on various dates between January 1, 1992 and December 31, 1997.
Gibbs faces four charges relating to one boy, three accusations relating to another boy, and two involving a third child.
You may also want to watch:
He is also accused of one indecent assault on each of the three other complainants.
In addition to the alleged sex assaults Gibbs has been charged seven offences of making indecent photographs of a child.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
Each of the charges are said to have occurred on September 5 last year at Lakenheath.
The total number of indecent images alleged to be involved is 762.
Gibbs made his first appearance on all the charges before North East Essex Magistrates’ Court in Colchester.
Due to the seriousness of the allegations his case was committed to Chelmsford Crown Court.
A plea and case management hearing has been scheduled for December 22.
Gibbs is currently on conditional bail.