Suffolk/Essex: Temperatures could touch 70F as the warm weather continues – but watch out for next week with cooler conditions on the way
- Credit: Lucy taylor
The leaves may be falling and Christmas is only 10 weeks away, but the region is still being basked in sunny weather with temperatures coming up to around 70F (21C).
We’re more than half way through October but shorts and t-shirts can still happily be worn.
But Weatherquest forecaster, Phil Garner, said the sunny weather may change this afternoon with cloud coming from the west bringing with it a chance of a shower.
“We are having some lovely weather indeed but there is a little bit of rain around, with showers from the west of the region coming in,” he said.
“So there’s potentially rain this afternoon. At the moment temperatures are around 19/20C (66-68F) which is five degrees above the average for this time of year.
You may also want to watch:
“Overnight lows are normally about 5/6C (41-42F) but we have been getting around 14C.”
Tomorrow is set to start cooler than today with temperatures around 18C (64F).
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
From Tuesday though the weather will take a turn and be colder and fresher. Temperatures are set to dip to 15C (59F).