Suffolk/Essex: Tree crash victim driver named
POLICE have this morning named a man who died after his car collided with a tree near Haverhill.
The emergency services were called to the single vehicle crash in Withersfield on Wednesday afternoon.
This morning police said the man who died in the tragedy was 46-year-old Brian Trigg, of Gosfield, in Essex.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service shortly after midday on Wednesday following reports that a car had struck a tree on Silver Street in Withersfield.
Officers arrived and found a silver Audi.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Trigg was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other vehicles were involved in the collision.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
A section of the road was closed for approximately four hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their inquiries.
Anybody who saw the crash is urged to contact Pc Allie Cotton at Suffolk police’s serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.