Suffolk/Essex/UK: Music retailer HMV reportedly poised to call in administrators
- Credit: PA
TROUBLED music retailer HMV is today poised to call in administrators, according to reports.
Directors for the music retailer are in talks about the company’s future, and accountancy firm Deloitte could be waiting in the wings, Sky News said.
The retailer has branches in Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich, Colchester and Chelmsford.
A number of options were reportedly being discussed by the HMV board, and it is thought an announcement will be made tonight.
The chain employs more than 4,000 people across almost 240 stores in the UK and Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
Deloitte declined to comment.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town