Suffolk/Essex: Weekend set to be scorcher
THE sun cream will be needed this weekend, with temperatures set to reach up to 31C in some parts of the region.
Forecasters have predicted a sizzling few days, with people in west Suffolk feeling the hottest temperatures.
The shade will even be needed today as the mercury is expected to rise to up to 27C, with overnight temperatures set to be nearly 20C.
Dan Holley, forecaster for Weatherquest, said: “Saturday and Sunday will be quite hot days and it will be very humid.
“Temperatures will shoot up and both days will see a lot of sunshine. Temperatures will be between 28C and 29C. Along the coast, with a breeze, it will be near to 25 to 26C. There will be some chance of a thunderstorm on Sunday, late on in the day, although it is a low risk. Even next week it is going to be 25C minimum, and up to 27C, but each day will go down a degree or two. West Suffolk, from Bury St Edmunds to Cambridge, tends to be the hottest part of the region. My money would be on these areas being the hottest, with temperatures up to 31C.
You may also want to watch:
“I am optimistic we will get more warm weather – we can still get some warm weather in September and October.”
For ideas on how to make the most of the sunny weather, see our Summer Days Out section and share your adventures by sending photos and videos to www.iwitness24.co.uk.
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial