Suffolk football fans celebrate as England win against Czech Republic
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
It may be an overcast evening in Suffolk tonight but football fans have been buoyed by England winning against the Czech Republic at Euro 2020.
Fans descended on the county's pubs to watch England's final group game.
Tonight's game determined who England would play in the next round of the tournament having already qualified thanks to scores elsewhere.
Raheem Sterling put England ahead in the 12th minute to the delight of fans.
Fans were put through a rollercoaster of emotions as the Czech Republic attempted to come back at England in the second half.
It wasn't enough however and the game ended 1-0.
Having won their group England will now head back to Wembley next Tuesday to play the runners up of group F.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
They could now face either Germany, France or Portugal in the next round depending on the outcome of these team's final fixtures.
Elsewhere Scotland fans were left disappointed as they exited the tournament.
We would love to hear from you if you have a great story or pictures celebrating the Euros. Email us to be included.