Suffolk mourns as England defeated in Rugby World Cup final
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Dedicated rugby fans across Suffolk are in mourning today after watching their England heroes lose out in the Rugby World Cup final.
Fans gathered at sports clubs and pubs around the area to watch England take on South Africa - but their hoped-for celebrations ended in despair.
At first there were high hopes, but these faded as the Springboks went steadily ahead and won 32-12, bringing disappointment for England fans, who had seen their team do so well against New Zealand in the semi-final.
People watching at Ipswich Rugby Club lived every minute of the match, sharing their passion.
Isaac's on the Quay, Greshams, The Halberd Inn and Yates were among the other venues in the town opening early to let fans watch over breakfast.
You may also want to watch:
Did you watch the match, at home or at a pub or club? Email photos and video showing your reactions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour