Fire crews tackle major blaze at west Suffolk home
- Credit: Google
Fire crews were called to the scene of a large blaze at a home in west Suffolk.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received reports of an emergency in Wixoe, near Haverhill, at just before 7pm yesterday evening.
Crews from Haverhill, Long Melford, Ixworth and Cambridge were called to tackle the fire in Waterhall Lane.
A fire service spokesman said crews from Essex had also been called in.
The timber framed detached two storey building was said to have been well alight, and crews were working to sectorise the fire to stop it spreading.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman later confirmed that the incident was being scaled down, with crews from outside the county being released from the scene.
“There will also be a presence at the scene overnight,” the spokesman said.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
No casualties have been reported.
A stop was called on the incident shortly after 11.15pm last night.