Charity provides emergency support following serious Suffolk flat fire
- Credit: SFRS
Firefighters spent more than three hours tackling a blaze at a flat in north Suffolk last night.
The fire broke out at a property in Crown Street East, just off the A47, Lowestoft at around 7.15pm.
Seven engines from Suffolk and Norfolk attended the fire, which took until 10.40pm to have under control,
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Services tweeted last night crews remained on site making the scene safe.
The service thanked colleagues from Norfolk as well as the British Red Cross for their support.
You may also want to watch:
Crews attended from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Felixstowe, Southwold, Beccles, North Lowestoft and Lowestoft South.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide