Dramatic thatched roof fire extinguished near Stowmarket
- Credit: Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
Fire fighters have put out a dramatic thatched roof fire near Stowmarket which saw 22 crew members attend.
The service was called at around 12.50pm today to reports of smoke coming from the roof of a property in Tile Row, Moats Tye and 10 engines were mobilised from across Suffolk to the scene.
Nine engines attended the house and four remain to ensure the fire doesn’t start up again.
The fire was in the roof space of the property and firefighters used ladders to access the roof, stripping the thatch away to access the roof space below.
They also used thermal imaging cameras to locate the seat of the fire so that they could target it and prevent it from catching the rest of the roof.
You may also want to watch:
A fire break has been used to prevent the spread of the ongoing fire.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef