Firefighters warn ‘never leave a barbecue unattended’ after weather leads to ‘extreme alert’
PUBLISHED: 14:55 01 July 2018 | UPDATED: 14:55 01 July 2018
Sarah Lucy brown
Firefighters have reminded people to never leave a barbecue unattended after a blaze broke out in Suffolk woodland.
Saxmundham fire station publicised the message over its Facebook page following a call-out on Saturday morning.
Crews arrived at Tunstall forest to find around five metres of undergrowth alight caused by an unattended barbecue.
“Remember, never leave a barbecue unattended, especially in the forest during this warm weather,” its message said,
“The forest is on extreme alert due to the weather.
“Remember please take your litter home leaving cans and bottles behind is unacceptable.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East Anglian Daily Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.