Fire crews tackle combine harvester blaze
- Credit: Archant
Crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service have been struggling to reach a combine harvester described as being “well alight”.
Three crews from Long Melford, Clare and Newmarket have been at the scene in Withersfield, near Haverhill for more than three hours.
They arrived at 5.07pm following reports of a combine harvester on fire in a field.
An ambulance has also been called to the scene, although the extent of any injuries is not currently known.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said crews have had difficulty accessing the machine and have called for a water bowser to be dispatched.
You may also want to watch:
She added the combine harvester is "well alight".
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer