Suffolk: Fire crews tackle chimney blazes
Firefighters have tackled a number of chimney blazes in Suffolk over the last 24 hours.
At 9.46am this morning crews were called to the Street in Witnesham to a blaze which had started in a woodburning stove.
On arrival crews found a chimney severely blocked and well alight.
Crews requested a turn table ladder and are currently using a roof ladder and one hose reel jet to tackle the flames.
At 9.45am today a chimney blaze in Halesworth Road in Chediston was tackled.
You may also want to watch:
One fire engine from Halesworth attended the incident and the blaze was extinguished at 10.56am.
Meanwhile, a chimney fire at a home in Wades Wood in Woolpit was put out at 9.29pm yesterday evening.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
And a blaze at a home in School Road in Elmswell was extinguished at 4.59pm yesterday.