Eleven fire engines called out to pan fire in high rise flats
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A pan fire in a high rise block of flats resulted in 11 fire engines being called out in Newmarket.
The fire, which happened at around 12.30pm on Tuesday at At Andrew’s flats on Mill Hill, was caused by a frying pan that had been left on a stove for too long.
The ensuing smoke and flames activated a communal block alarm to notify all residents, although on the arrival of the firefighters the building had not been evacuated.
The fire was extinguished before the engines arrived, with 10 being ordered to stand down while one crew carryied on to check that the incident had been dealt with and close down the incident.
Engines were deployed from six separate stations including Mildenhall, Woodbridge and Cambridge.
A further false call from the building’s alarm systems forced engines to be sent out again but after the situation was clarified they were stood down again.
- 1 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia