Fire crews tackle huge barn blaze overnight
- Credit: Archant
Twelve fire crews were called to a barn in Stonham Aspal as firefighters spent several hours tackling the blaze overnight.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a farm in East End Road just after midnight after receiving reports of a fire.
Crews from Woodbridge, Framlingham, Leiston, Stradbroke, Eye, Debenham, Needham Market, Stowmarket, Haverhill and Elmswell were called to the scene.
Firefighters arrived to discover the wooden barn, measuring about 8m by 20m, was 50% alight and accessed an open water source to assist in their efforts.
A stop was called shortly before 2.30am but a fire presence remained on the scene until past 6am.
You may also want to watch:
There were no injuries as a result of the incident.
A fire service spokesman confirmed an investigation will be launched this morning to determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found